Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 12, 2008 Eaworm


So, I found myself saying that I would perform a sexual act for Bob Mould's art. That I was willing to suffer for his art. Not that the former implies the latter; it doesn't. Because that would be rude. And Bob Mould is an indie hero. Bob Mould is to somebody what Weller is to me.

By the way, Bob Mould doesn't need anyone to perform a sexual act for his art. I'm just a nice guy. I would be happy to give him some sugar because it's a good idea. It's the least I could do.

Now, I didn't tell Bob Mould this but I did tell it to someone who knows him. And if they know what's good for them...

All that talk of Bob Mould's art made me realize that I still had not picked up his latest, "District Line", so off I went. This was a good idea because track eight is "Very Temporary" but the amount of times I've hit repeat suggest that it's not. Track eight is Bob Mould, standing naked, arms opened wide, and offering all or nothing, knowing full well that this stance is only a few nails shy of crucifixion.

This is not the first time that I've found myself inspired by Bob Mould and that is why I'm willing to suffer for Bob Mould's art.

Hey, Bob - call me...

No comments: