Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 10, 2008 Eaworm



To demand all or nothing is a risky proposition and is best left to the young: the rest of us know better. You can wish, ponder, and dream for all of it but Van Vechten was right and you get what want in the form you deserve. And who wants all of that?

A passing comment to a friend led to a nice compilation of the lads' work being sent to my door. It should move me past the "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake" album that seemed to be in the collection of every friend of my parents if I could stop listening to "All Or Nothing". The climbing/diving guitars, the terrace chants and, of course, the mind fucking vocal by Steve Marriott - alternately pleading and demanding - leave me speechless.

I'm not completely sold on Small Faces yet but I don't know how I've lived without this song and while it is playing, I give up everything.



with special thanks to Kmatt

No comments: