Monday, April 28, 2008

April 28, 2008 Earworm


Is criticizing Obama racist? Is praising Hillary condescending misogyny? Is Miley Cyrus now a cheap slattern? Will House solve his MOST DIFFICULT CASE EVER?

Yes, 'tis the season for spin and I thought that I had become numb to it all. But I found myself rolling my eyes constantly this morning as I watched Howard Dean trying to spin by refusing to comment on anything. Then I realized that I may be watching the genesis of the next spin mutation. The alpha spin? A spin so strong that it is causes dizziness?

Cool!

And that is why I have been unable to get Eddie Hodges' "Seein'Is Believin'" out of my head. The scuzzy guitar (perhaps Billy Strange) and what surely must be the sound of Darlene Love wailing in the background are icing on the cake, as is Eddie's post pubescent over the top delivery. Give it a spin and remember, the moment that you are told that there's no spin is the moment that you're being put through the wringer.

No comments: