Monday, September 1, 2008

WTF?



As concerns for the safety of Alabama, Texas, Mississippi, and Louisiana swell in the path of Gustav, who do the good folks at NBC's Today Show book as a guest to discuss the possible impact of the hurricane? None other than disgraced former FEMA director, Michael D. Brown.

What possible insight could "You're Doing A Heck Of A Job Brownie" provide outside of caveman speak: "Big wind come. Blow people 'round. Much water everywhere. I want my horse."

My flesh crawls at the thought of criminals like G. Gordon Liddy given talk shows to offer their opinions on integrity and freedom and hacks like Brownie offered a spot for his talking head in mainstream media. The recent downgrade of Gustav to category two, does little to dull my disappointment with the folks of NBC, with whom I used to start my morning. Perhaps we're not far from an etiquette and deportment segment from Britney.

No comments: