Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 22, 2008 Earworm


Part three of the blue boy trail of tears is Jerry Ganey's "Just A Fool", one side of the Bill Medley written and produced 45 of mass destruction from 1966, where a chance encounter provides the chance to set the record straight. A totally righteous affair with a stomping chorus that dares you to not fall into step, Jerry sounds mortally wounded by his recollection of just how well he'd been played.

Although I believe that he believes that enough is enough, words like "I walk away though I leave my heart, but my pride just won't let it start" suggest that he's foolish enough to turn back for another round of abuse. Fortunately for him, he would never be able to get through a backing choir that sounds determined to march him up a mountain and into the Paramount Pictures logo.

Great stuff...

"Just A Fool" and it's flip, the destined to be an earworm "Who Am I" can be found on Ace's "Phil's Spectre: A Third Wall of Soundalikes"

No comments: