Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 08, 2008 Earworm


Moving forward(?)from the disco/soul accoutrement of "Z", My Morning Jacket run a muck through the history of country rock, stopping for updates of Allman Brother thrashes, Nashville soul, LA desperado daydreams, Lonestar crossovers, and, oddly enough, the gloss of Firefall. Yep, you read that right - Firefall. And that list doesn't even include the poppier aspects of "Evil Urges"

Fortunately, it's not the bouncing and behaving "You Are The Woman" moments of that practically forgotten band (Right? You know you thought, "Oh my god, Firefall", in disbelief a paragraph ago...) but the darker and, thankfully, better moments like "Cinderella" and "Strange Way".

So, just because My Morning Jacket's "Thank You Too!" is today's earworm, don't be surprised if you don't get an earworm tomorrow babbling about "Strange Way". And if you just wanna cry to somebody, don't cry to me...

Besides, it could just as easily be Little River Band's "Reminiscing". That, my friends, is exactly how a muck My Morning Jacket's "Evil Urges" is running.

No comments: