Wednesday, January 30, 2008

January 30, 2008 Earworm

Since Hump Day is never as exciting as its name suggests, maybe you, too, need a little push at this point. With that in mind, I think we should take a clue to various movies and create a feel good moment with a song. Think "Build Me Up, Buttercup" in "There's Something About Mary" or "I Say A Little Prayer For You" from "My Best Friend's Wedding".

Play your tune at work, or just start humming it. Make sure that it has an upbeat quality and is familiar but stay away from... well, Eminem comes to mind. Lyrics like "I'm a kill you..." will only alarm the co-workers.

My feel good moment song is Tommy James & The Shondells' "I Think We're Alone Now". It's familiar to all, beautifully arranged, and has enough of those little hooks to get the crowd clapping or snapping.

Hey, it survived Tiffany...

Good luck with your feel good moment and remember, one feel good moment usually leads to another. We might actually get Hump Day to live up to its name.

No comments: