Friday, August 7, 2009

August 5, 2009 Earworm



As a singer, Paula Abdul is a damn fine dancer but she managed to put across a few fine pop confections during her brief time on the music radar. "Cold Hearted" still makes me wiggle and I still think that "Rush Rush" is a lovely clump of romantic cotton candy. But, her flat out awesome moment began and ended with "Straight Up". I've not watched "American Idol" since the end of season two but I can't imagine watching it without her there to soften the bray of Simon Cowell's t-shirts and the constant "Dawging" of Randy "I was only good enough for the touring band of Journey so I need to constantly remind you that I got street cred" Jackson.

Rumor has it that she might end up as a judge on "So You Think You Can Dance" and I look forward to not watching her on that program. I'll just watch the "Straight Up" video instead and be thankful that there's no rapping cartoon cat (or Dawg).

No comments: