Friday, February 6, 2009

February 06, 2008 Earworm



Shoot! I forgot to rude...

So often during my time with my previous company I was asked questions like, "If you won the lottery you'd run threw the halls of this place screaming "f#ck you", right?" or "When you finally leave, you're going to really give people a piece of your mind, right?". While the thought had often crossed my mind and put a smile across my face, I could never think of myself as the sort of person who would do such thing. I liked, and in some cases loved, my co-workers too much to subject them to that sort of negativity because, no matter how much they might enjoy hearing my rawest feelings at the time, reality would eventually dull the brief euphoria and they would look around and realize that they were still facing the very things about which I no longer had to be concerned.

However...

The times that I have decided not to use a certain song as an earworm are many - wanting to save it for the day which brought about my final exit. A bird flipping, fiery kiss off, from a seventeen year old girl who never sounding this over it again. The song to which I refer was the first charting single for the young Motown label, originally written by its young singer with the hope of hearing it recorded by Jackie Wilson, and finally deemed worthy of release on the twenty-sixth try. It is, of course, "Bye Bye Baby" by Mary Wells. If you do not know it, do not confuse it with the 4 Seasons track because it will slap you across the face as soon as the needle hits the groove.

In so many ways, I wish I'd done this earworm earlier but, better late than never. Right?

Right.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: