Friday, November 7, 2008

November 07, 2008 Earworm



I don't know about the rest of you but I'm exhausted. Hours of rigidly hanging off the edge of my ashtray with one hand clinging to my facebook, and preparing to be the angriest voter in the world while hoping for the best takes a lot of a guy. Then, the celebration, followed by attempts at discretion - no need to be obnoxious about it, right - leading to clandestine hugs and jumping up and down... Oh, and then there's the day job.

What a week.

And now the weekend. The usual chores, friends' house for dinner, a possible reunion, and preparations for the arrival of Kmatt should keep me busy enough to lead me right back to exhausted. Life goes on during the holding pattern, so go we must.

To cap the weekend, I'm going with Tommy James & The Shondells' follow up to "Crimson And Clover", "Sweet Cherry Wine". One, because it's just groovy enough to match how I feel, yet not too pushy. Two, because Callie said, "When was the last time you heard "Sweet Cherry Wine", the other day and then seemed surprised when I replied, "Last weekend". This, in turn, surprised me because I thought every home had a copy of "The Best of"... even if it's on vinyl.

Anyway, have a great weekend.

No comments: