Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September 17, 2008 Earworm


Congratulations, we just bought AIG! 'Not quite what I had in mind for the caravan of love but, hey, they ain't heavy, they're our broker... So much for small government and personal accountability. If we end up buying Washington Mutual today, would it be rude of me to insist on a decrease in my interest rate? And has anyone else noticed that our potential leaders are so bankrupt of new ideas and strategies that they had to borrow "Change" from each other?

As it all unravels, I'm beginning to get a better understanding of what creates nostalgia because twenty-five years ago change was just what I did between work and bar hopping or the latest Tears For Fears single playing on the Club Charles jukebox as I stumbled to the bar for another tootsie-roll*. As a small gesture to everyone who is supposed to be running the show, I'm re-gifting it and, since everything is in such a mess, I'm offering the extended mix with hope that there will be a little "Change" left over to set aside for a rainy day.

As an additional bonus, I point out that the release of "Change" followed "Mad World" and all of these singles carried a matrix that started with "IDEA". ...I'm just sayin'...


*recipe for a tootsie roll:

one part vodka
one part kahlua
two parts orange juice
shake vigorously
followed by slow weaving


No comments: